View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 07:05 PM
chewerjones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
You gotta appreciate the way the Chew-Dawg lays down the law.
I said it to stir the pot with my buddy Mapleleaf979. LOL

Players didnt have time to practice with each other, so it was a rusty game, but I thought there would have been more individual efforts. Only guys to show some signs of individualism was Marner and Korosolev.

2 years ago, Laughton and Wilson fought. Last year there were end to end rushes.

This year, very boring.

Strome, Stephens, Korostolev will be in the OHL next year, but I said COMPETE. They may be like Cornell, or Middleton, or past guys like Teskey, or Varga, or Vlajkov.

I have nothing against Stephens or Strome, and Mapleleaf979 can attest, that last year I loved Bennett and Mckeown from the start of the year and felt that they would be top 5 picks, and so far they are showing that. But this year I cant see it in any GTHL player.

Korostolev impressed me more in the earlier part of the year before his injury, but not since. But I realized he had a wrist/forearm brace/bandage on at the prospects game and the flexibility and strength may still not be there.

With the Marlies, I just dont see them like the Marlies of last year. Stephens has the speed, but not the focus or strength, and Strome has the hands and vision but not the speed to compete.

I hope I am wrong, but in no way is it a slag at the boys in the GTHL. We may just have a weak loop. The boys in the OMHA and Alliance are way above the GTHL.