View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 06:59 PM
LKF

vCash: 500
First time poster but been reading for a few years. Frankly tired of reading you guys slag the 97 group. How did the elite group of 96's do at under 17s? Worst showing by Ontario ever I believe. I will bet you here and now the 97's do better next year. While I agree the top 96's may have a slight advantage over the 97s at this point I believe the 97 age group has far more depth. The 97's have more depth from the D for sure. Many of the 96 D are really struggling this year. If the 97's are so weak how did CMD only get 1 goal in his only time ever against his own age group at the all state game. Don't count the penalty (shoot out goal) that doesn't happen in real hockey and his 3rd goal was after the tie in a shootout. But in 60 minutes he got 1 goal? if the age group is so crap how did he not put up more points than he did in last years 96 all star game?
I don't get your love in with the Russian. He is good for sure, but not elite. He has been anointed by you guys because he played up last year. He had a strong start to the year but really didn't do much in the few weeks before his injury and has done very little since returning. He has a heavy shot but no way near as accurate as a Solitaro was last year. I am disappointed when Canadians promote one over there own. We are allowing these players to come here take spots from our boys then go back to there countries to kick our ass in junior. I don't know but just seems the system is broken in mho.
The G also gets a bad rap. If you use the Marlie tournament as an indicator ALL of the G teams gave every O and alliance team a run for there money.
VK tied OR
YS barely beat Nats -3-2 and senators 3-2
LKgG beat NYR 4-2
DMF beat Kingston 3-1
Nats beat Whitby 5-2
Barrie 3-2 over Markham Majors
Bottom G teams gave top teams all they could handle.