View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Scamallite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
Hmm. Yes, I suppose it's only Comcast. Is Fios any better for HD CI games? If it is, I'm totally switching.
FiOS is definitely better than Comcast. But no where near DirecTV or Dish Network.

The reason for this is because Comcast and FiOS use "IN Demand" to supply them the package. Because of Cable/FiOS bandwidth limitations, they can only supply some of the games in HD each night in the package. With Comcast, like you've seen, they don't supply squat for HD games.

With DirecTv and Dish, they package their own Center Ice. They already have feeds from most local areas with the games, so all they have to do is re-map the feed to the Center Ice Channel. No more bandwidth required since they are already broadcasting it to the local area.

Now if I were stuck with FiOS vs Comcast, I'd seriously consider buying the Center Ice package for online, Playstation 3, Apple TV, etc. viewing. The quality may be a lot better than SD. But that will depend on your broadband speeds of course. If you go with FiOS, you should be good with the speeds. I have FiOS for my internet and love it. DirecTV for my TV because I want every Red Wings game (I'm not local to Detroit) in HD on every TV in my house.

Scamallite is offline   Reply With Quote