View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
Just one game, but Spits looked good. No doubt they got the big speech so everybody came out skating hard. Rychel|Khokhlachev|Aleardi will just need time together - I hope Boughner sticks with set lines rather than his shuffling. I liked Vail and Giftopoulos as a tandem, either Ben Johnson or Verbeek (or even Emerson Clark) could be put with them and make up a solid top checking line.

Knowing that we're out of cards and only have 11 forwards, everytime somebody takes a puck off the foot or goes off after a slash to the hand you begin to worry though. I hope Warren is mining Jr. B looking to sign any top free agents, I don't know if McCann back is the answer for our 4th line. I wonder if any OA's were cut from the other leagues we could maybe look at - ones that we could sign to a Jr B card (assuming we could).

Koekkoek really likes jumping up into the play, might need to rein him in a bit there, but he's definitely a #1 defenceman talent.

A couple tests already this weekend - that damn big ice in Belleville (though we are better built for that rink now than before the trades this past week), and then to Oshawa to see DJ and the Gennies. We need at least two points out of this weekend.