View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 10:12 PM
doogie24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Thanks. Im on the road often, so time is not on my side. Ill try to post more often.
Also happy to see you back!

Appreciate your knowledge and opinion as usual, and it still saddens me that you have to be the voice of reason within a day or two of your return.

This thread is my number one source for info on the MM level, but it seems the nature of the discussion will never change. Too much mud slinging, nitpicking, and poor reasoning, not enough comments about the positives that each player and team bring to the table. That's why we go watch, isn't it? While im at it, wanted to thank all the other regular contributors as well, always gain a ton of info on the GTHL/OMHA that I never would have gotten elsewhere. Just gets a bit tiresome having to read about what some players can't do, or won't be able to do at the next level, rather than hearing about their strengths.

What had me curious was the comments about Konecny not being able to handle the physical stuff. From what I have seen, he is not shy about playing the body. He routinely puts players on their butts, and does not need to skate across the ice to throw the big hit. Have seen him throw guys around with ease from a standstill - it appears he has tremendous lower/core strength.

Granted, the level of physicality will increase greatly next year, but I just found it a bit confusing for someone to say that a guy who already plays with an edge will struggle with getting out muscled next year. Thoughts?