View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Novacane
My Hero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Pens fan coming in peace. I only read page 1 but surprising to see how much you guys seem to underrate Skinner as a C/W. I know with the big trade the logic goes you have to put 11 at 2C but do you think there's a reasonable chance Staal brothers play on the same line for a good chunk of the year with 11 centering?

I don't know where Skinner ends up, but it would be nuts to put a guy with that kind of skill and skating (who is not a D stud) on the 3rd line. I feel pretty strongly from seeing a lot of Staal and a fair amount of Skinner, that Skinner is easily the 2nd most skilled guy on your team. That's not a knock on Jordan but a compliment to Skinner...
If you are suggesting put Skinner at C, unfortunately it just doesn't work. His back checking is atrocious/non-existent. I'm sure we will sometime see a line of E Staal-J Staal-Semin, but we hope Jordan will anchor 2C. Losing Ruutu screwed up our flexibility in the lines, and is basically forcing us to separate the Staals as Jokinen and Skinner are best suited being kept at the wings.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote