View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 11:22 PM
RJQuack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Most of this seems strange considering we beat BLB 2 out of 3 times and BC 2 for 2 times. BC and BLB surely fit the bill as teams with good defencemen and a speedy forecheck , 4 out of 5 wins combined

I agree that our goaltending hasn't been consistent. Dubeau however is not a bad goaltender and has outplayed Brennan at times this season. Danault, being arguably the best two-way forward in the league, will surely help the defence and goaltending. Alot of people are guilty of under estimating how big the acquisition truely is. Almost every team's goaltending is inconsistent compared to Marcoux in BLB.

Depth problems ? We just waived Deruelle who was on pace for 40 points before his injury. We have a 4th line of Johnston, Garland , Johnson/Batt. When discussing depth issues, mayeb you should take a look into your own backyard
Having the argument of who's scred of who now is stupid. Every coach in the top half will have their teams ready, and I know we're not implying this, but no team will have the "scared" mentality, as regular season results will be thrown out the window.

Does Danault have enough offensive power to make me more nervous though? I know it's a big addition but I think the price was way too high for someone with his stats.. Obviously it's still good, and his other game is great, but doesn't fill the other needs they had.... Every team has holes, that can't be changed, but Moncton could use another D as Melindy hasn't been himself this year and goaltending is bigger problem too. Dubeau is too inconsistent.... Do you feel 100% with him going all the way?

How bout the supposed "clique" in the dressing room? No chemistry, 4 players who have formed their own group... Could be nothing, but it's been brought up before...

What does mentioning Deruelle do to help Moncton's depth? He had 4 goals and was clearly not good enough to be a regular Q player or he would be with you or on another team... the best team on paper doesn't always win, but those players you mention are not on the level of Halifax or BLB who have the best bottom 6 players in the league.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote