View Single Post
Old
01-10-2013, 11:44 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
To develop an earlier comment more:

I see Russell as a smaller player than Colaicovo, more easily outmuscled (although that's not forte of Colaiacovo's) but with significantly superior hockey sense. He's a guy I'm glad to have on the team, and I would even be OK with him on a PP unit (especially if there are 3 units like Hitchcock alluded to, although I think he's not going to use three PP units in actuality).

So I think he maybe could function as Pietro's partner at least as well as Colaiacovo did, and that was good enough for the team to have the best defense in the league. But in isolated battles he can get beat. If that pairing is playing in the offensive zone, it looks great. If its trying to defend Crosby's line in our own end, I worry.

As for the comments above, I have to admit that I'd rather see Schwartz on any line you project D'Agostini on, including on the top line with Backes/Oshie. And maybe he'll be there as the season progresses. More likely, Tarasenko maybe slides up there and Schwartz solidifies a spot on the 3rd line. All of these scenarios suppose D'Agostini getting traded/scratched (or maybe Stewart completely deflating, but I have a feeling that's not how its going to do down for him this year).

Maybe Porter gets sent down in favor of Schwartz and D'Agostini is a frequent scratch? Would Hitchcock start out the season like that?