: News Article:
I don't heart Brian Wilde
View Single Post
01-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Et le But
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Originally Posted by
Some of you are out to lunch.
Here are some facts:
- Our tallest dman is Alexei Emelin is 6'2" and he has a plate in his head; we don't have a single individual on our D-squad who could shop at big and tall or impose the law against
tough guys who played tricks on our guys.
- We don't have an enforcer at any position. We didn't resign Brad Staubitz, and we can't even call up Alex Henry anymore.
- Our best offensive forward, Max Pacioretty, was 38th in the league in points and 18th in goals scored.
- We have three top-4 dmen: Subban, Markov, and Gorges. If a single one gets injured, our team will disintegrate.
- We don't have a good 2-way winger to go on the Markov-Gionta shutdown line.
Prust is undersized for a regular fighter and isn't quite prime-Laraque there but he's a technically skilled fighter and can hold his own against all but the high end goons, who we should be ignoring anyway. Moen and White can also pick at middleweights. This isn't a team that will win every fight but for those of you who care about such things, the Habs should be fighting more regularly than they did before the end of last year.
Our defense is very undersized but fighting is the least of the problems there, you don't want your top 4 defenders in the box anyway. Leave that to the grinders.
As far as top 4 defenders go there's a possibility one of Emelin, Diaz or Kaberle step up. Of course there's an even greater possibility that Markov has fallen off ala Kaberle at which point our draft pick will be looking very nice.
Et le But
View Public Profile
Et le But's albums
Find More Posts by Et le But