View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 03:37 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Cole
(why let DD have all the fun by playing with our TWO best power forwards? meanwhile...Pleks has to do all the defensive work without a single complaint).

In all seriousness...I'd like Galchy to get 5 games (not more)...it will be a great experience and he'll be more ready for next season...heck next season could be a tad early as well (AHL would be better suited for him but rules say no for Galchy and AHL if I'm correct)... imo I wish they could somehow change the rule for a few players...Galchy will be 19 in February, I think? 19 should be fine for the AHL (ex: for one 19yr-old player per team).

I want to see Galchy in a Hab jersey (just like anyone else here...lots of excitement), but...I also want to protect our Galchy (not rush him, and remember...he had a serious knee injury last season and missed an entire year...now we want him to be a Hab all of a sudden...things change quickly around here...he even had a slow start with the Sting early in the season and none of you would have mentioned the Habs+Galchy THIS season). We can't just be thinking about the entertainment value for our own pleasure/entertainment when deciding about Galchy...we have to think about Galchenyuk's future and how important it is to be patient towards such a special star prospect (patience will reward us Hab fans, imo). And, please don't mention Yakupov... the Oilers would be playing Beaulieu and Tinordi right now. They do what they do...we do what we do (what's best for our prospects).
He's only 18...if he makes the team it will seem very rushed (and it burns an entire ECL/82 game season for a 48 games season...plus we still have Kaberle, Bourque and Gomez's salaries).
Don't want to be a killjoy...just thinking of what is best for Galchy (5 games gives Galchy a good idea of what to expect for next season...he has all Spring and Summer to work on certain aspects of his game to be more ready for 2013-2014...and we don't burn 1 ECL year).