View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 03:43 AM
flapanthersfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Very true, I did forget about Guds coming back from injury. I would expect him to go play for the Rampage for about 2-3 weeks before they make a move to bring him back up. But then once they feel Guds is ready again, thats when I think Strachan goes back down or maybe like you said other injuries happen so who knows. I'm just saying no one is ever assured of a spot with the way the Panthers are doing things these days. Look at all the guys on camp invites without contracts.
i read somewhere shortly after his injury that the plan was to have him play this year in SA, even if he was healthy....

i expect him 100% to start the season in SA, and quite possibly even stay there.

i'd see happening for two reasons: half of it would be the panthers being cheap (he's on a 2-way deal, meaning, he'll cost 100k to play in the minors whereas Strachan is going to get his NHL salary if he's the one in SA) and the other half to develop his offensive game down there some. a full (now half, because of his injury) season with #1 PP time in the pro game would do him alot of good.

we'll see though, just speculating.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote