View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Henkka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
It absolutely blows my mind that Gustav Nyquist is going to be left off of the Red Wings roster. Its almost laughable.
At the same time I'm reading articles about "AHL-depth is the key for success at this shortened season..."

I definitely would like Nyquist promoted to full-time NHLr, but I also understand this tactical thinking keeping him down. He can play there and keep his game touch at 100%.

This shortened season is nothing but a game with incurance policy. Every game matters more, every injury and recovering time effect is relatively double. Without depth, when you lose a key player, the stakes go higher that you are going out of the playoff race.

Nyquist is kind of a key to the TOP6 injury scenario. If that happens, he is not sitting in wrong role at lower lines, or even worse scenario, at the pressbox. He's playing 20 minutes a nigth at lower level in key situations and ready to jump right in. You maybe don't have this kind of guy at lower lines and to save the lower line chemistries, you don't have to suffle them, just call Nyquist up.

Always, injuries will happen. Brunner could be useless and gets send down, a "trade" with Nyquist. The lineup planned on paper at training camp isn't what starts the season, it isn't what finishes the regular season and it isn't what is used at the playoffs.