Old
01-11-2013, 04:08 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'm not concerned about the attendance issue. Yeah, the PR department will have a lot of face-saving to do but from the standpoint of people in seats I think it'll be fine. IMO there's a good mix in town of A.) die hard fans that just want their Preds back, B.) Fans that want to go because they enjoy it, but don't follow the NHL enough to be bitter over the lockout, and C.) casual people who just want to do something and go out and have fun. None of those groups will be boycotting the league anytime soon.
I am worried about the attendance but the fact that the news channels and even the Tennessean (shocking I know) have had stories every day is putting the team back in peoples minds.

The Preds have a bowling event on the 14th. It was already scheduled before the end of the lockout but now that it's over the PR department should be pushing this pretty hard. I don't know if any players will actually be there but it's still an event by the Predators.

I think the Preds office will be creative in what they do for casual fans and season ticket holders to get them to come back and for more than one game. I worry about the weeknight games.

Also, ever since the lockout end was announced I have seen more and more people wearing their Preds gear again. It just seems like there is a new buzz about the Preds again.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote