Thread: Line Combos: Opening night lineup
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 04:36 AM
Predatorbill

vCash: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I still dont get all the hand wringing and poor mouthing about our lineup. with the exception of Suter this is the exact lineup that was one of the best in the west last year.

If Chicago lost Seabrook, they would be a little worse, but you wouldnt say they suddenly suck and are terrible...

The fact is, whenever you lose a player, you dont lose 100% of their value to the team. Suter isnt being replaced by a cardboard cutout. Josi isnt Suter but he's not chopped liver either....

If we can stay away from the "I" bug, we should be one of the top 6 teams in the West... the problem of course is we could be top 6 in the West and still be 4th in the Central...

I agree we are not significantly worse. He, whose name we will not mention, did not have a good season for us. I think we will make the playoffs, but a few things worry me. IMO the schedule will not help us because we play in the toughest division in the west, so points will be at a premium. We will not be able to rack up points against other divisions and the eastern conference. Two, we have been a streaky team (although probably all teams are streaky), and a 10 game losing (under performing) streak could be disastrous especially if it involves the central division. We can not afford a slow start. Lastly, short season maybe fewer injuries. However, if we loose a few key players for 5 to 10 games, it will be hard to overcome.

Predatorbill is offline   Reply With Quote