View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 04:53 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Offence is a mess right now, too many question marks that could go well or could go very bad. The worst case scenario is if the kids can't handle NHL and Anaheim is forced to play RPG and the Finns all the time. And of course, the top players could underachieve again and injuries are always a possibility.

One thing that keeps my hopes up is goaltending. Hiller should play better than during the start of the last season. He can definitely rob some games even if he faces a ton of shots. If I remember correctly, ever since Boudreau took over the amount of shots against lowered which definitely helps Hiller. On top of that, they finally have a solid backup in Fasth who should be able to take some of Hiller's workload.

Actually there are two things that keep my hopes up. The other thing is defence. Lydman and Beauchemin are healthy and they are were trustworthy defenders. Now that they have brought in veterans like Allen and Souray the defence looks fine. Fowler and Sbisa are fine young defencemen who are developing nicely. With a possibility of signing Huskins as 7th defender would only make the situation even better. I would be happy with Guenin as 7th guy to be honest.

So even though the offence is a mystery box, that defence and goaltending should take care of some mistakes and should keep every game tight.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote