View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
Maybe, although when I look at the forwards on that Whalers team, I don't think he will be seeing too much icetime and play probably more in a grinder position.
So I don't think his stats will be improving much. Which is a little sad, because especially after seeing him at the WJC I think he could be more than "just" a role player in the OHL. But whon knows, maybe, as you said, this change of scenery will help him and really get him going.
Yep, he's a good kid with good hockey bloodlines.

It's good to see that he'll be playing somewhere where he can contribute with his big body and hard work. He's not the easiest guy to play against and he's still a work in progress, but he does know how to take on responsibility (he was just chewed up about taking that OT penalty against Slovakia that ended up costing Germany the game) and should be an IDEAL third liner for a team looking to make a playoff run.

I'm gathering that some NHL team is going to at least invite him to one of their prospect camps, if not flatout offer him an AHL/ECHL two-way contract after the season.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote