View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Nobody knows at this point. A lot of reporters have made mention that 'free center ice' or at least SOMETHING needs to be done for the fans.

NHL Center would be part of HRR I'd assume, so giving it away for free would be something they'd need to have discussed with the NHLPA unless the league decides to 'take the hit' fully.

I'm expecting AT MINIMUM that Gamecenter Live will be offered for free or perhaps a 1 or 2 week period of time where you can sign up for a free password for the season or something like that. If there is NOTHING for the fans, I'll be extremely pissed, since my team is not local for me.
What I was reading the other day was that Comcast would be offering it free to their subscribers when the season begins, the holdup was the league trying to get other providers to follow suit, particularly Directv.

As of right now, Center Ice is on my subscription and listed as $0 with Directv, I did not pay for it during the lockout and my account says I have it active. Take that for what you will.

In other news, the team I coached last night made an awesome comeback when down 1-2 in the 3rd. We dominated the game with possibly 40+ shots and only a handful against (unlucky goal gave them the lead) and it felt awesome to know that my strategy works during a game. I split time with another coach and he was out last game, usually his plan involves sending his son out for 4+ minute shifts to try and get him to score all the goals (guy nearly lost us the game this time, never passes... poor kid doesn't understand it's a team sport).

I looked at my go-to defensive pairing a minute into OT and said "Make me proud guys" and the one kid I've seen the most progress from this season took the slapshot off the draw and bombed it through the goalie's five hole. Never seen him so happy.

That's what coaching is about, I could definitely see myself doing it for years with this group of 14-16 year olds.