View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 06:50 AM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Encouraging signs for Spits after snapping 7 game losing skid,definite upgrade on speed and talent
A bit of a slow start,somewhat understandable considering they have not practiced with a full squad,but after that u can really see much quicker this team is
Strong debuts for all the new players in the lineup,Koko showing nice chemistry with Rychel and Aleardi,speaking of Aleardi he was everywhere played a great game,Koekkoek except for 1 gaffe looked really strong and had a presence i in all facets of his game,strong defensively,jumping into the rush,being physical,this guy can play,Giftopoulous hit everything in sight,strong along the boards,good net presence,he looks like he be a major contributer in the future ,i like his game,Pavelka very solid his best game jn a month,about time,did not have alot of tough chances but the offensively challenged threw a lot of pucks at him and he was to the task,Murphy was solid,Seiloff played very well showed little effects of a long plane ride homme with his gold medal in tow,Adam Bateman in my view played one of his best games of the year,good for him strong positionally,keep things simple,willingness to engage was there,nice to see rookie Ryan Verbeek get his 1st goal,he really wired it,his improved play 4 pts in his last 3 outings should bring more icetime,Ben Johnson played well,he is in one of his streaks,needs connsistency to round out his gane,Marchese was pedestrian in his game nedds to show more urgency,Vail got hurt early,returned and played fairly well but not great
All in all decent effort,confidence grew as the game wore on,especially after scoring the 2nd goal
Its only 1 game but there is reason for optimisim,still work needed to be done,treat each game as a playoff game and they will be fine
Weekend games at Belleville and Oshawa will be a test for this group,their increased fusion of speed should suit them well on the larger ice surface in Belleville,tough game in Oshawa against DJ Smiths team on Sunday
One game at a time boys is what i say