Thread: Prospect Info: Official Penguins Prospects Thread
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 08:26 AM
Solution

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Hey, it's always great when someone, at any age or stage in their career, takes things up to another level.

When I last saw Rust, at last summer's WJC camp -- where Bylsma was the head coach and cut Rust on the first round -- there was no one element of his game that stood out and was great, nor did the sum seem much better than the parts. If he has improved certain areas of that game where he now is particularly strong in certain elements of the game, then that's good news for the player, and hopefully he can keep that up, and eventually translate that to WBS as the next step.

But based on what I've seen in the past, unless he gets a Hobey Baker nomination this year or next, he'll probably have to prove that he can be a dominant player at the AHL level for me to get really excited about him as a legit prospect for us.
Since I did not see the WJC camp, I can not speak, but I seem to remember that when he was drafted Rust was considered a third line player at that point because of his instincts. If he already has the mindset of a third liner, any offense he would bring should be considered a plus imo.