View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 09:56 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I'm with TF83 on this one. Briere played some wing in Germany and although it was a lower league, he did well. Or maybe someone else could take over center duties on defense or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I agree too.

The only reason we moved him back from wing to the middle during the Richards/Carter era was because he was producing at a pace for 60-70 in the middle and around 50~ on the wing.

I think if he's producing around 50 in the middle, we can move him back to the wing. Like Giroux's he's more effective offensively in the middle, but we can't afford his defensive inabilities when we can get a potential 50 points out of him on the wing as well as a decent production from either BSchenn or Coots manning the dot.
I'm looking at more than what position will be mildly successful for DB. The cap is going down, and at a 6.5 million cap hit, I don't see how Briere is really a benefit to the club (cap hit vs. production) when he needs to be shuffled around in an effort to hide his terrible D.

C or W, Briere gets frustrated when he doesn't score goals and takes bad penalties. Put him wherever you would like, it does not mitigate his cap hit.

I really like Danny and I hope he makes me eat my words this (shortened) season.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote