View Single Post
Old
12-12-2003, 06:03 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
The original poster simply wanted to guage Modano's value. There was no proposal nor any push for a deal. Assessing the worth of a "superstar" talent in today's financial market is hardly irrelevant. Don't get upset just because some of these posts fail to translate into Modano equaling God...
Thanks takeo21 could not have defended myself better. I think a Gm has to constantly assess the market. As for a bandwagoner, I was there with Broton, Churla ledyard, and remember when varvio was a great sniper prospect. so I am merely curious and if the Stars are out of it and a salary cap is a possibility to not consider a deal if it nets you a Havlat or Zetterberg is not doing justice to your fans. To me Hull=God when he was here and despite the fact failing to resign him pissed me off and in reality was the beginning of the stars decline I remain a fan and fans do what is best for the team even if it means trading Modano which I would not advocate (as I said earlier)but again merely gauging value just as I would with Lets , Zubov and even Turco. And even as a Starsdude, I would not equate Mo's career and leadership abilities with Stevie Y's