View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 10:20 AM
dutchy29

vCash: 500
I don't know if I'm optimistic and I really wasn't excited about coach Therrien being named. But beyond that we have some real plus to this season. Despite Patches and Cole alot of players played below their potential. Eller,Pleks, Bourque, Gionta, Price should all improve this season without a doubt. #2 if we can improve even 25% in our shootout wins coulum from last year we will be dancing, and it shouldn't be hard, we lost a ton of points in that scenario. #3 Markov obviously being back. #4 The biggest plus about Therrien being back is we should see a change in style from the previous years of more defensive hockey and bank on your power play to score. I think with a goalie like Price, let em earn his bucks and let the team be more aggressive on forecheck. I'm a realist, don't get me wrong, and if Scott Gomez touchs the ice as a Hab this season its only going to be a negative. But I think we do have a chance of eeking into #8 spot if the boys can show some heart. Historically we have been a team that catches fire out of the gate and sags in the last 30 games, with a shortened season anything can go.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote