Thread: Line Combos: Roster/lines discussion
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Joe McGrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Nodl's going to be gone via trade. Stewart gone via waivers. Dwyer actually has the ability to play a 3rd line role from time to time so we'll probably keep him around. Otherwise this is all making room for guys with more toughness like Brett Sutter, Wallace, and Blanchard who was a strong candidate for a late season callup last year had the Checkers been in better playoff position.
I heard Muller on NHL radio this morning and he said that because they were splitting the Staals up, Jordan would play against the other teams top line opening up opportunities for the 3rd line to be a more offensive line. That would lend credence to Jokinen centering it with Boychuk/Bowman/Dalpe etc. If that's how it's played I don't see a role for Dwyer other than 4th line and PK. Not that those things aren't valuable, it just doesn't seem like he fits what Muller is trying to do. I also think he was made to look better than he actually is by riding shotgun with Brandon Sutter and they may want to trade while he has at least a little bit of value.

Joe McGrath is offline   Reply With Quote