View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
MatthewFlames

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
The main problem with a salary floor is that the only way for teams to make money and build the bank balance back up is to have salaries below the revenue generated... so for every million I got below 42 (the average revenue per team) the more I put in the bank. Putting in a floor means that eliminates the one way I can make money.

And please don't argue that making the playoffs and endorsements will make money. Tried it. Doesn't work. Having a middling salary gives you a middling squad that is borderline to make the playoffs and loses money badly if you miss. If you want to compete you have to spend the money sooner or later. But if you don't have it you can't. Adding in a floor at this point condemns the league to have the exact same financial situation it has now infinitely, rich teams will stay rich cause they can afford better rosters, and poor teams have to keep dumping big contracts to stay afloat.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote