View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 10:59 AM
flyersfan187

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
If Flyers dont go for a stud Dman, the type of Dman they need to target is someone with significant offensive ability. Timo is really the only one that has that now and he'll be retiring or declining.

Meszaros and Coburn have some offensive ability but not consisitently.

Most of our dman seem to fit the profile of big strong hard hitting and stay at home defensiveyl responsible. Thinking mostly of Grossman and Schenn here.

If we're not gonna nab a total stud (and i dont see one abaialble now) we need someone with great offensive skills. Or at least very good offensive skills. Edler would be nice.

Given the Rags contract situations coming up, might make sense to target the most offensively gifted of that defense group they have, I dont know enough about them to know who fits that bill tho....

Which is what is surprising to me. You would think Homer would want to build a team around Lavy's system right? His system requires a lot of mobility in the d-men and youth (because they take a pounding). I honestly think this team is going to miss Carle. The guy played solid minutes for us and was rarely ever out of position.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote