View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 11:19 AM
flountown

vCash: 500
I would like to vote for Fairmount/Art Museum Area. If looking on Craigslist, search Art Museum as typing in Fairmount gets you crappy areas surrounding the actual park and not the nice neighborhood. I currently pay 1100 for a 2 BR/1 BA but we are definitely the low end. Expect to pay between 600-900 per bedroom depending on how nice the rest of the place is.

I have friends who live in Grad Hospital, it's a bit more expensive, but still very nice. Rittenhouse and Society Hill are the more expensive places. I would avoid the outlying areas, if you plan on getting season tickets, it's too much of a pain to use the trains to get in and out of the city. From Fairmount, I simply walk 5 blocks to the Broad St line and I am at the game. My friend does the same thing from his house in Grad Hospital.

At the end of the day, if you like microbrews and burgers, then Fairmount is perfect for you. Only one bar I can think of in the area has any traditional domestics on tap and every bar in the area has ridiculously good burgers.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote