View Single Post
01-11-2013, 12:24 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
They're luring all of the suckers back with gifts. It's like a deadbeat Dad trying to buy his way into his kids hearts with toys. The dumb ones always come running back.

I was sitting at a table full of Pens fans last night for bar trivia, and every one of them was chomping at the bit to go raid the merch counters. Not one of them had a grasp on what had really gone on for the last 5 months.

"Sorry you couldn't find anything else to do with your time while we bickered like children and put hundreds of our employees out of work. Here's some free nachos and a half-priced Matt Cooke jersey."

I highlighted this because I find all of our collective ranting and raving against the NHL funny and not a little ironic. Here we all are on a chat board dedicated to NHL hockey......*****ing and moaning about that enterprise that is NHL hockey. You would all have to admit that the lunacy of the last few months by owners and players is exceeded possibly only by the lunacy of the fans.

In the end that's the saving grace of hockey: The slavish devotion of it's fan base. We're all addicted to the crack that is NHL hockey. Embrace it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote