View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 11:32 AM
tfriede2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
So within the last week D'Agostini has gone from projected to be on the top line with Bashie to not skating on any of the top 3 lines (Perron-Backes-Oshie, McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko, Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart).

I feel like trade coming. He's not a fourth line type player.
Those lines look sick...either three can easily be considered our first line. Wow...that third line is the difference-maker though, if they can find chemistry (like Berglund/Stewart appeared to have when Stewart was first traded to us).

While D'Agostini isn't an ideal 4th line player, he still brings some toughness to the lineup (even though he isn't big). He's fast, has a great shot, and can drop the gloves every now and then. With that said, I feel better hanging on to him and not trading him. If Schwartz makes the team and D'ags is traded, our first callup option is...McRae? Grachev? I guess that's why having Sobotka is great...he can move up to the 3rd line, and the person he replaces can move up to the top 6 to replace the injured player. Still, having D'Agostini as an option to put into the top 6 in place of an injured player looks a lot better than McRae/Grachev. I guess the problem is what do we do with D'Agostini when there aren't any injuries.

It's definitely a good problem to have!