View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 11:40 AM
DesertDawg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
We've got one of those. Vermette. Adding another at the cost of Yandle doesn't make much sense, unless Maloney thinks Krejci can be 'the guy' for a long time to come. Yandle hasn't even theoretically peaked, and I'm uncomfortable trading the guy based off the assumption that OEL will continue upwards and the AHL guys developing. This is a long term trade here, not a deadline rental. You have to consider all likely scenarios.

I'm curious as to why Yandle is always in play. Isn't he the odds on favorite to inherit the captaincy? He also re-signed, and at a pretty good rate too. They've got a 40+ point #2 locked down for 4 more years and yet want to move him? Is there something I'm missing beyond him being the only real trading chip we have?
Don't get me wrong I do not advocate trading Yandle at this time. I also believe that if the Bruins asked about the availability of Yandle, the 1st thing Maloney would ask is if Bergeron would be in play. The Bruins would say no, but Krejci could be. Maloney would then suggest Peverley (and thought about Horton) should be included. Maybe Philly inquires, Couturier & (one of) Simmonds/Voracek/Schenn. Or Colorado with RO'R, still need to add. I did not want to imply for just a 1-1 trade, but only believe in, if it improves the team. Most of my posts are to generate feedback and not so much of what I perceive as fair. I do not believe in fair in a trade. Only if the 'Yotes get the best deal out of it (from an AZ Coyote fan perspective). I also would be very surprised if KY gets traded.
My response has more to do with trying to 2nd guess Maloney, That in itself is kinda stupid, because I could never guess an actually trade, but I do believe I have an idea of what kind of player GMDM may be trying to acquire.
I do believe that Yandle has a 70 point season in him, as well as believe OEL can net 20+ goals...