Thread: News Article: I don't heart Brian Wilde
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 11:47 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Most of Pittsburgh's core is from either slightly before or slightly after Crosby and them turning it around, in fact the only player who was on that team for a significant amount of time before Crosby was drafted is Brooks Orpik, a 1st rounder who turned into a career grinder.

I do agree that being on a terrible team for a year or so doesn't ruin prospects, the problem is a mixture of that and rushing them like the Islanders and Blue Jackets do. And even besides that, last I checked the Oilers are still terrible, the Capitals won nothing and the Kings traded half their prospects for vets to go all the way, so I'm struggling to find any sort of winning formula here.
Oilers are clearly a team of the future.

Capitals didn't win, but they were a contender, not every great team can win in a 30-team league. "X has never won anything" is never a valid argument. They also suffer from an owner not willing to spend to the cap.

Kings are contenders for years to come.

I see a clear winning formula. Get elite talent through the draft over a few years, surround it with strategic UFA signings, make 1 or 2 good trades, and profit.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote