View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Danglesnipe
52-22-8

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
MHH had a discussion about lines and whether the Avs should go with chemistry, or if they should stack the talent.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a stacking of the talent set up. Especially if O'Reilly isn't back in time for the first game.

Landeskog-Stastny-Downie
McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Hejduk-______-Jones
Mcleod-Mitchell-Kobasew

Stastny essentially replaces O'Reilly, and really wouldn't surprise me if that line was even better than with ROR on it. Stastny and Landeskog together just seems too good to be true. McGinn will give PAP and Duchene a shooting option, as well as some toughness. The third line will easily receive the least amount of minutes, but their is still enough skill that it won't a burden on the team.

Hejda-Johnson
Zanon-O'Byrne
Wilson-O'Brien

Give Hejda and Johnson another chance together. If they show the same chemistry they had last season, then switch it up. But that's as close as this team can get to a top pairing, at least on paper. If Johnson is quicker this season, then he could make up for the lack of speed between the two. Zanon-O'Byrne still gives Sacco that "shutdown pair." Wilson-O'Brien is a pretty versatile pair, that could do really well against 3rd and 4th lines.

Varly should be looking at ~40 games.
Like I said in the main board thread about goalie playing time, I really doubt that.

In a 48 game season that will have a very compressed schedule, there will be many back to back games.

If his previous season wasn't an indicator, Varly had durability issues and should not be counted on to play that many games.

Hell he is just coming off an injury playing in the KHL.

Edit: 25-28 is more realistic, 30 being the cap, imo. Take it for what you will.

Danglesnipe is offline   Reply With Quote