View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Drummer
Better Red than Dead

vCash: 500
G. Wudrick Leaves

I'm sure every player wants more ice time, but the team obviously saw something that led them to place him in the stands. He did play 14 of 16 in the first half, so he had his chances to play.

Also, the team does have a few spare skaters; Salituro and Wudrick being the top two forwards on this list now with the addition of Campbell. Maybe he didn't like being in that spot (having to wait for an injury so you can play)

Where is Gordie to play on UNB - there are no spots on the first two lines and the third line is now Campbell, Critchlow and Brae leaving the forth line as TMac, Houde and Fillier. I don't think the staff are going to sit a 5th year guy in Fillier, Houde is too fast and the line's role is a Defencive line which is not Gordie's role so replacing TMac is not an option). So, which guy do you replace on the 3rd line?

Also, who said that a guy had to play every game or every shift (despite there past success)? Why can't a player wait until some seniors have left (we lose Campbell, Swan, Pridam for sure and probably 2 others to graduation). This now becomes a perception issue - is he better than x? Unfortunatly in a 28 game season, there is little time to experiment with new lines.

Some of this is also expectations and delivery. Gordie had flashes of brilliance when he used his size and controlled the game, but they were sporadic. I agree, he had a 40 Goal season with Kelowna (ended with 59 pts in 71 games) but was only +5. Your plus rating has to be half of your pts to be top player (and before someone points it out - TMac and Fillier have minus ratings which is not good, but is a reflection of the role they play).

I wish him the best and hope he continues with school somewhere else. As Gleaner Guy pointed out - he could have transferred to STU and started to play after Christmas next year (or any school for that matter).