View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
I highlighted this because I find all of our collective ranting and raving against the NHL funny and not a little ironic. Here we all are on a chat board dedicated to NHL hockey......*****ing and moaning about that enterprise that is NHL hockey. You would all have to admit that the lunacy of the last few months by owners and players is exceeded possibly only by the lunacy of the fans.

In the end that's the saving grace of hockey: The slavish devotion of it's fan base. We're all addicted to the crack that is NHL hockey. Embrace it.
I'm just at the point -- and have been there since the last lockout -- where I don't want some empty apology from my team, the players, or the league. It's insulting. If I were a Pens fan I would honestly be insulted that they think my allegiance is worth some free food and half-off a bunch of already overpriced, cheaply made merchandise. I guarantee you that the cost of what they're "giving away" is less than half of the revenue they'll make from one gate for their first home game.

Not even worth getting up in arms about anymore.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote