View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 12:16 PM
Corky

vCash: 500
Markov not fragile....please...

On another note, I tend to be optimistic with the Habs every off-season because it always seems that on-paper, the team is decent and could surprise. Since I'm a glass half-full kind of guy when it comes to hockey, I tend to overrate them a bit every off-season. The biggest disappointment I ever had with that attitude is the 2008-2009 season where they were supposed to compete for the cup and they ended up barely making the playoffs.

This season is no different than any other. On paper, the D is good but fragile (Markov is fragile, Subban is unsigned and Kaberle is a wildcard), the forward group could surprise with a good mix of speed and grit and Price can play like an all-star goalie for a period of time. Add to the mix Galchenyuk who could contribute. The problem that we have again this year and that we've had for so many years is that we have no gamebreaking talent.

Whatever happens, I won't be disappointed. If we suck, we get a high draft pick in a deep draft and only have to suffer through a short season. Then again, if we're good, you won't hear any complaints from me.

The cherry on top for me is if Gally plays with us for the full 48 games as I'm looking forward to his development as our first star forward player in a very long time (if everything goes well obviously).

Corky is offline   Reply With Quote