View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
you can twist it any way you like but he said we have spent years accumulating building blocks, and it would not be smart to tear them down right away. We're still building, sure if a deal comes along that involves a young player at another position sure he'll look at it, but not for a 33 year old vet with a 10 year contract. Gardiner, Rielly and our first are going nowhere. If Gillis wants one of them he's going to have to add significant pieces along with Luongo.
How am I twisting anything? He didn't specify Jake himself. He was questioned on whether he fell into a group of building blocks. I think he values Rielly higher, which he should.

I still stand by my feeling that Luongo won't be traded to Toronto. We aren't good trading partners. What we need, you either don't have, you overvalue, or you won't trade. If you are trading for Luongo, it's because you want to win now, so you would have to think players in your top six would be off the table completely. What's left of value to Vancouver? Gardiner is likely a third pairing D on Vancouver right now and Kadri would still be in a fight to make the team even with Kesler injured. What interest would Vancouver seriously have beyond Rielly, Gardiner, Kadri and the first overall? The same reason that Leafs fans don't want them traded makes them the most sought after. There really isn't much left after that in your organization that meets our needs.