View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Not true, Paul Martin played poor last season. Not the entire time he has played at Pittsburgh.

I think Paul Martin and Erik Johnson would make a solid defensive pairing. If your fan-base doesn't want Paul Martin than maybe we could discuss a trade around one of our better prospects (who are NHL ready). But, I understand why your fan-base wouldn't want to give up Jamie McGinn (since you traded for him last season and he has looked promising) but if you want you're interested in a top-pairing defenseman to play with Erik Johnson, then Colorado is going to have to give up on of your better wingers in order to do so.
What if we wait until the summer and sign a guy to play with EJ as a UFA...can we do that? Can we develop some of our players and see what happens? Or do we still have to give up one of our better wingers regardless?? Are we missing a window to contend for the cup that I'm not aware of?

It's all good. We'll make moves to acquire players we need when the time is right and when it makes sense for our team just as we've been doing for the past 2-3 years. I doubt very seriously that Sherman, Sakic and Co. are 'on board' with making bad trades that open up one hole just to close another.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote