Thread: Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
- I think with Despres he gave him a chance to succeed, but he only got called up because of a rash of injuries (didnt deserve the callup).

- Jeffrey was put with pluggers, had some puck luck in his first few games, then had his minutes increased.

- Vitale made it because of the Crosby injury and his outstanding play, got unfairly benched for vets who should of taken a seat.

- Tangradi was mishandled to the point of ridiculousness.

Unless his hand is forced, DB defers to his vets for sure. I don't think many will argue that point.
But, go beyond that . . . Tangradi in camp before the 2009-2010 season, Despres before the 2010-2011 season, Morrow before the 2011-2012 season (with Orpik on the shelf). Despres, o'k, I get the 'no spot' argument, although there really wouldn't have been any harm then not starting Engo or Lovejoy for a few games. Anyway, those guys didn't even get the shot.

So, I'll ask you this: Camp before the 2006-2007 season. Pens have a full roster, even with Geno getting hurt. They're on a tight budget after the 2005-2006 debacle. Does Bylsma go to bat for Staal and Letang getting a cup of coffee? Therrien did. I've seen nothing to suggest that Bylsma would have.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote