Thread: Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I admit we may not be talking about a can't-miss, top of the NHL prospect among our group of prospects. For instance, it's not like Bylsma has messed with a Mikael Granlund type of prospect here. We haven't had one of those in some time.

However, I dispute the notion that the guys we're talking about aren't solid NHL prospects. Tangradi played for Team USA at the WJC, and he was a good scorer (albeit streaky) in the OHL. Despres was a first rounder and looked good in his very first camp at 18. I don't recall if he played for Canada or not, but he certainly was in the mix. Bennett is a first rounder who may have gotten WJC consideration the year he injured his leg (I believe it was). Morrow is a first rounder. Pouliot is a first rounder. Maatta is a first rounder. Harrington is a heralded OHL and WJC performer. Strait captained the American WJC squad iirc. Bortuzzo has been a standout defender in the AHL.

I really don't think we're making players out to be something they're not. They're legit top-10 prospect types.
Correct and how many of those have been mishandled? Tangradi is the only one.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote