Thread: Proposal: Kessel to Flyers
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 02:29 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
I realize he is a fan favorite but come on. I don't think you can tell if they are going to be elite by going by one season. He will never be more than a 3rd liner on Philly as the lineup stands and it is and obvious yes from Philly to get the elite 1st line sniper who would give Giroux an actual 1st liner to play with. Kessel is only 25 too.
Wrong. Schenn has been playing LW since he has put on a Flyers Sweater. Briere is not going to be here very much longer. He will be the 2C behind Giroux and Schenn will be on either his line or Girouxs. Laughton is the 3C of the future. I'm going to go ahead and say I wouldn't trade Couturier for Kessel straight up either. It's not about points or who is the better player. But in the division we play in we need at least one guy who has the defensive capabilities he does to play against Pitt, NYR, NJ, and NYI. Giroux is going to make any body he plays with into a first line forward. And btw Hartnell and Voracek are no slouches either. Our forward group is fine as is. We need D not more goals. Not to mention Kessel's cap hit vs Couturier's significantly reduces the moves we can make in bringing in another defensemen.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote