vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Sykora/Eller-Plekanec-Gionta
Bourque-Moore/Eller-Armstrong/Noke/Gallagher
Prust-White-Moen
Gomez

I'm not convinced Armstrong has anything left. He's not all that old, but it's been a long time (2009-10) since he made a positive difference in the NHL and his body has been through a lot. I'm sure Therrien will give him a chance, but not sure he'll be on the team by the end of the season.

If Moore or Sykora can be convinced to play on a 1 year contract for cheap without a NTC, I'd go for it. The team needs another forward. If we suck anyway, then that's another 2nd or 3rd round pick at the deadline. I don't see much of a downside.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Kaberle-Diaz
Bouillon-St Denis

I don't see any realistic combination of injuries that allows Weber to re-establish any trade value. Time to let him try to get his career going elsewhere, hopefully we can get a pick for him. IMO St Denis is an NHL'er.
Missing half a season to the lock out should only help guys like Armstrong who's body has been battered and run down.

I agree though Sykora would bge a nice addition as insurance for Gionta and Bourque and a PP asset.

Weber should be worth at least a 3rd or a "B" prospect. He has NHL experience, some success and is still relatively young, plus lots of teams are looking for d-men right now due to injuries(Tor NYI Ott Edm etc)

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote