View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickdraw2828 View Post
I have been to games in the new and old buildings in Boston, Chicago, Montreal, and Toronto. The new buildings may be spiffier, but the high ceilings really cut down on the crowd noise. If the Islanders would give the fans something to cheer about, Nassau would be, by far, the loudest arena in the league. Remember the Isles/Rangers playoff series. Electrifying atmosphere! Once the Isles move to Brooklyn, that atmosphere will never exist again.

The old buildings rocked like a mother******!
I've been to the Barclay's three times this year for Nets games and I can confidently say you are wrong. I base my opinion off one thing... The building is small. Instead of being large and sprawling, the seating at Barclay's is extremely compact. Sure it goes up pretty high but it is EXTREMELY steep. I've been to the new buildings in Philly, Jersey, Columbus, etc. All huge buildings with seating spread out both high and wide. Barclay's isn't like that. There is nowhere for the noise to go. I predict it's going to be the second loudest building in the league behind only MTS Centre in Winnipeg... assuming of course our fans make themselves heard.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote