View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 04:01 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHockey1982 View Post
I have some friends that live in Manayunk and they tell me it's great. Those prices sound amazing! The only issue I think I'd have with living there is obviously that it's not in the city and near the stadium. I've heard that people don't really use the subway in Philly? If so, how do people get to the stadium just drive?

If any of you are familiar with Hoboken, where I currently live, it's a mid 20's to mid 30's city with a million bars and restaurants and more of a small town feel than NYC. It's a great commuter city to get into NYC and other places as there's bus, subway, light rail, train, and ferry right here. I'd be looking for something similar to that but I'm also willing to try out being right in Philly.

Also, I'd assume that that are several ice rinks and inline rinks in the area as I play both ice and in-line men's hockey leagues. Thanks for all the info everyone!

I live in roxborough / manyunk area I'm by henry and walnut lane (DELASSANDROS STEAK SHOP GREAT PLACE) in roxborough im across the walnut lane bridge at the circle by the walnut lane golf course.

when going to the stadiums, I'll park my car at either the wissahickon train station or the tulpohocken train station and take the train suburban station aka city hall, it puts your right at the broad street subway aka the orange line, and if your going to a game chances are you will catch the sports express, just make sure you go southbound, last stop is pattison and that's where all stadiums and xfinity live is.

Make sure you check the schedule, and have a backup if you park at the wissahockon station, when coming back from a game youll be at city hall.

if you miss the last train, the 9 27 38 124 125 all head to wissahickon terminal. plus that late at night there won't be any traffic took me no more on a bus to go from CC to manayunk in 10 min at night.

Great area, not much crime, more of a white neighborhood.

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote