Thread: Line Combos: 2013 Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 03:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
IMO Methot will be fine with Karlsson since we should not be expecting him to put up a lot of points anyway but allow Karlsson to do his thing & watch his back something Kuba couldn't do. Ottawa could use another right shot defenceman though & if they do make a move, I wonder if they will trade for a right shot defenceman? I'm still convinced they are after & will sign Andrej Sustre (RD) at the end of this yr's NCAA season.

Murray has two choices from Bingo as temporary replacements. The tandem of Boroweicki (LD) & Gryba (RD) are an interesting pair, they bring size, toughness & good defensive play which are all needed in Ottawa on defence & they play together in Bingo. They could also be split, Boroweicki could play with Gonchar who is more offensive & Borocop would just have to watch Gonchar's back & give aways & play defensive which he is good at. And Gryba could play with Phillips & be a decent tough shutdown 3rd pair.

The Wiercioch & Benoit tandem might fit better into Maclean's up tempo style & add more offence but IMO Ottawa needs to reduce their goals against, they were 24th last yr & 4th in goals for. Both these guys are also a little soft & I'm not sure Benoit has a future in Ottawa whereas the other three might. That's why I would go with Boroweicki & Gryba & if the offence falters I would switch Boroweicki with Wiercioch to add a little more offence when needed for now. Of course, Gryba will have to show he is ready to play at that level or he will be the guy sent back although he would be replaced as soon as Lundin returns.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote