View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 03:57 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Eller is probably our most physical centre. Doesn't hit often but uses his body pretty well. He's had problems with balance tho', I can give you that. But to say that he's soft is a fallacy.

Gomez's game and numbers are on the decline while Eller is on the rise. You say that Gomez hasn't had good linemates, but Eller hasn't been paired with a guy like Gionta so far in his career with Montreal. He did earn his spot last year, even if Gomez was injured, so it's his spot to lose.
We don't need someone physical, like you say, just someone who can take a hit and keep the puck in the playoffs. Not convinced Eller is that guy. He's only 200 lbs. But if he IS that guy, he's not going to be third line center, he'll be #2 center and someone will have to drop. But I don't see Jordan Staal here.

If Galchenyuk proves himself better than Eller right away, do you put him in as third line center? he didn't look like a man amongst boys at the WJC, so I'm not expecting it.

If this team is going to win the Cup, Galchenyuk is going to have to be a #1 center in two years, Eller #2 and playing like Staal, and Plekanec #3 in a two-way role (with Markov in top form, Subban, Max and Bourque all peaking...yes, BOURQUE), but that doesn't mean Eller is going to beat out Gomez right now or that he's a natural NHL centerman. I guess we could still win with Pleks at #2 and Eller being a very effective #3.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 01-11-2013 at 04:06 PM.
tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote