View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalvalchuk17 View Post
if the leafs get luongo they will make the playoffs.
I'm not so sure of that. Like I said a lot of good goalies played on bad teams last year, and posted really good numbers like Price, Ward, Miller, Kipper, etc. Even Nabby with the Isles. Canadiens finished dead last with Carey Price posting a 916 save percentage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Well any predictions now are subject to change based on what happens the next week, but I'm not sold on the Canes. All they did for this year was upgrade Brandon Sutter to Jordan Staal (who never stays healthy anyway), and add a much moodier Russian than Kovy ever was. Do they even have a real backup behind Ward? I'm not sure they can run him out 45-48 games this year. Tampa could surprise 'again' if Lindback pans out, their goaltending wasn't just bad last year - it was AHL-backup caliber.
Tampa Bay's defense was terrible last year trust me. They spent most games they played pinned in their zone getting forechecked into oblivion. They may have been a little better if Dwayne Roloson didn't play, and if career backup Matheiu Garon was not forced to be their starter. For all this talk about Guy Boucher being a defensive genious his team sure didn't play like it last year. I expect them to score a lot because they got a nice set of forwards. I expect them to also give up a lot of goals too, but maybe not as much as last year.