View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 06:49 PM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Great, so every freakin Habs player should be thinking about their family and want out? This guy agreed with a 4-year contract with the obligation that it holds. Knew everything it meant and this team is build with him on it. This is what hockey players do. They play 10-15 years make the big bucks and then can live happily ever after with their family wherever they want.

Yes, I guess the guy can do what he wants. But I'm not going to praise a guy who's not going to respect a contract he signs.
Well, Cole can't make everyone happy. I would choose to please my family too over some select fans who think it's in his best interest to play for a couple more years a sport you have lost a passion for. IF this is indeed the issue here.

In reality I think he is just frustrated about the whole lockout, and he also got a bit of a taste of what his life is gonna be like when he hangs them up, being with his family and all. Can't really blame him for the words he spoke to Chantale, even though he should have know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Staying one extra day in Russia when the organization hadn't even contacted him yet is a "bad attitude"? The media was far harsher on Markov than Cole, who is effectively making the same threat Kovalchuk is without the threat of the KHL.

I'll still cheer on Cole as long as he plays hard, but his entire attitude toward the lockout has not been very flattering.
Maybe I should have clarified but I think Markov's demeanor with the reporters is getting old. It's your job as a former all star, assistant captain, and role model on the team to show a bit of respect to the media. That would be the proper way to conduct oneself, and I don't really care all that much I think it's funny too, but its also outplayed. Start acting like a leader.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 01-11-2013 at 06:54 PM.
poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote