View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

vCash: 500
Just think about it fellas, we have 2 legitimate #1 d-men in Yandle and OEL, Yandle is going to be the one that has a higher pt total, but isn't as good on the back end and OEL is going to be Mr Stud, a 50pt 2-way unbelievable player.

We finished 18th in offense last season and much of it can be attributed to how Yandle & OEL move the puck around and are difficult to defend. Now add Rundblad and you've got 3 higher skilled offensive weapons on the blue line and we only need to have a couple forwards step up and we can continue to be a playoff team.

We're never going to be able to afford a max salary cap team, and as such, we'll need players like Vrbata and hopefully Boedker this year to produce points with lower salaries than normal 50-60pt guys get.

I'm excited to have Vermette for an entire season and hopefully Boedker breaks out and Hanzal doesn't get injured. The only thing I think we need is a 3rd line center so we can drop Gordon into the 4th line slot and have someone with a little more creativity playing with Korpikoski and Moss.

A 3rd line center should cost us a 3rd round draft spot and there we go.

Boedker/Vermette/Doan
Sullivan/Hanzal/Vrbata
Korpikoski/Lombardi/Moss
Torres/Gordon/Chipchura

Also, I'd actually like to get rid of Biz and actually find someone who can play a regular shift but keep the other teams honest. Biz can't do it and isn't mean enough to be considered a deterrent, all he does is stage fights, so there really is zero point to his game other than his comical tweeting ability.