View Single Post
Old
12-12-2003, 08:28 AM
tony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
you're too hung-up on Messier. You're too presumptious that Mess demands certain playing time and gets it. Messier started the season on a fourth line with basically fourth line players. In the first game Mess had under 13 minutes of ice time. Mess was fresh, having not played in a week. What was Sather thinking to start the season? Of course Mess' line becomes one of the better all-around lines and more productive lines and now you have Messier leading the team in goal scoring while playing with Barnaby and Simon. I believe that if other players are going, and Mess is showing a bit of fatigue, he will be back under 15 minutes. But this team has lost how many of the last 10 by one goal? It's too early in the season to fall far behind and there aren't a heck of a lot of options. Playing Lacouture more doesn't get the goals this team needs. Playing Ortmeyer more will not get the goals this team needs. Playing Messier more may. Sorry, but I think that's reality currently.
i think the way ortmeyer played the other night sather would have been smart to move him up with holik and kovalev. the way he bangs i think he would have created some room for kovalev. but the bottom line is this team has no chemistry. they basically have one forward and one d'man that are legit scoring threats.