View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows
Kuba + Foligno > Methot + Latendresse..
Seriously you have no idea about that... you're not qualified enough to know about it and you're just trying to have your biased opinion as a fact, as usual

If Kuba was in his prime years maybe but he is now 36 y/o (weren't you among people complaining about "old players"?) and have went through many hard injuries... Methot is younger, more physical and better defensively. He is also more mobile and a fastest skater at this point... I just have no idea how his passing and offensive game can develop paired with Karlsson

Latendresse has been very unlucky the past 2 seasons (not 3 like you said) but with all things being equal, he is a much better hockey player than Foligno and it's not even close. The guy can make your top-6 more dangerous, unlike Foligno who is an Elite 3rd liner (in the Kelly class but really not as good defensively)

Not only that, but Methot+Latendresse is a lot cheaper... saves a lot of money for Melnyk and gives us more cap flexibility long-term

Bah, just read Dr.Sens post, the guy knows what he is talking about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows
Based on Kuba playing like a legit top pairing d-man (arguably #1 d-man caliber), Foligno scoring 43 even strength points (more than say, Ovechkin), Methot being worse than 6 Columbus d-men + Ryan Murray and Latendresse hardly playing at all in the last 3 years.
How could anyone read things like this without thinking that you're severely biased?

What is the most funny is that you change the song of your tune overnight, to fit your arguments... Just like the other day... see what I wrote in the "Trade Rumors and Proposals" thread :

What is funny is that YOU WHINE LIKE CRAZY when we trade Foligno for Methot, but you're also saying we should trade Michalek (who is a much much better player than Foligno) for Gorges (who is just more popular and well-known than Methot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG
I am slightly pessimistic about this short-term. I realize Kuba was not a long-term option, but I really don't think Methot should be either as a top-pairing guy if this team want to go places.
I believe Methot will only be on the top pairing this year, because we have no choice... We could see as soon as next year :

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Wiercioch
Phillips-Ceci
Borowiecki

Maybe we acquire an UFA or a D--man via trade
Wikstrand and Claesson still developping + others + new draft picks

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote