View Single Post
Old
01-11-2013, 11:06 PM
NotProkofievian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A transfer agreement that the KHL pres is saying that it's not as clear as the NHL wants it to be.
Hold the phone, lets listen to what the Russian businessman says.

Gary and his ilk are from the elite of the elite law circles, and will have their way with the KHL teams who **** with them.

Don't listen too carefully to the Russians who post on this board. They'll have you believing all kinds of ****.

Quote:
As far as Cole's contract, I didn't give him a contract at 42 year old when I should have expected him to retire. I gave him a contract with the minding that he'd finish it. Then, I also had in mind that while a retirement or asking for a trade is also possible, that Mr.Cole would not make stupid statements like that so that I had my hands tied and would not be able to get as much as I could in any other circumstances.
**** happens, and did in this case. I'm sure Cole signed the contract with the idea that he'd be getting its nominal value. Now, of course, there was never any guarantee that it would be fulfilled what with the structure of HRR(but it would've sans lockout). But funny thing, Cole playing all 4 years isn't guaranteed either.

If he wants to retire, then fine. Let him do it.

Quote:
As a fan, my team owes me to be the best they can.
I had to respond to this specifically. Your team owes you a performance, provided you paid the price of entry. If you don't like the performance they give you, you can take your money, and **** off out the bell center. As it happens, Cole gave you value for your money last season.

Quote:
Cole's comments or way of thinking will either make me not have him for the last 2 years of his contract or will make me not get as much as we could if we would have traded him last year or even this year without those comments. Now, if it is just a trade technique, we'll have to trade him to a team near where's he's located and not only that but with the idea that his new team might not know for sure if he'll retire or not. That's what pisses me off about his comments. What he does with his life is up to him. What I do with my opinions, is though up to me.
What Cole does with his opinion is up to him as well, and the fact that he may have spilled the habs milk with his comments doesn't mean his "way of thinking" is flawed, or stupid. I would be shocked - floored, even - if an analogous occurrence happened in your career without eliciting vitriol on your part.

You may not like it, and that's fine, but chill out, would ya?

NotProkofievian is offline   Reply With Quote